It’s Canada’s biggest city and a global cultural nexus so the Toronto dating scene doesn’t keep regular office hours. It’s highly active, richly varied and, at times, can be dizzying.
With over 1.15 million singles living in Toronto, nearly half the adult population of the city, you know your not alone when searching for your next potential partner. So, while there’s clearly no lack of options, where do you find that special someone for you in this glittering northern metropolis that never sleeps?
It’s all about finding time for singles in Toronto
Torontonians tend to be quite career-focused and upwardly mobile. Unattained people in the city often have a work hard, play hard approach to socialising and can sometimes leave dating on the back burner. So, if you’re living in Toronto, dating is about making time to meet people and being patient when schedules do clash.
Everyone’s very friendly and community-minded so it sometimes feels like everyone knows everyone because social circles are so big. There’s not much downside to this but you should prepare yourself for the fact that anyone in Toronto you’re dating is probably already friends with a lot of your friends.
Where and how to meet people in Toronto
We’ve got a few ideas on getting out there and finding a potential partner for you:
- Explore the historic Distillery District. You’re guaranteed to meet other interesting Toronto singles in this artistically vibrant area that is home to a stylish collection of theatres, galleries and tempting bistros.
- Whether you’re cheering on the Blue Jays from inside Rogers Centre or working the grill at a Maple Leaf’s tailgate party, it’s hard not to get taken in by that electric atmosphere and meet interesting new people when there’s a sport match on in Toronto.
- For a high concentration of single women and single men in Toronto, you can’t beat the pubs and cafés of Old Toronto. The Cactus Club and The Reservoir Lounge are favoured by singles for their easy-going vibe.
Taking dating in Toronto online
Life in Toronto can be as hectic as it is exciting. Time is becoming an increasingly rare commodity among its constantly active residents. Your dating life is often the first thing to suffer when you’re short on free time. Between work, family and friends, it can be difficult to prioritise dating. In big cities like Toronto, online dating has quickly become the norm. It provides you with a platform to quickly explore who’s out there.
While some enjoy the exploring process itself, many find all the potential options overwhelming. It can create a sense of information overload, which make your choices feel as much a shot in the dark as does traditional dating.
eharmony – the perfect choice for newcomers
eharmony focuses on putting the right people together. If you’re new to online dating or just new to our service, we simplify the introduction with various tools that do most of the work for you. These ensure your profile is at its best and that we only match you up with people with whom you’re compatible.
Let’s take a quick look at how eharmony guides you from sign-up to connecting in no time:
- To get started, download the app (available on Android and iOS) or visit eharmony.com.
- Pick your gender, the gender you’re interested in and login information to register your account. Use your Facebook account or Apple ID for quicker access.
- Next, you take a Compatibility Quiz to determine a your Personality Profile. This has some great insights into aspects of your personality and what you want and need in a relationship.
- Now, our Compatibility Matching System will use your Personality Profile as a base to match you with compatible people.
- After that, you’ll receive a list of matches. The profiles in the list are ranked according to compatibility. Review the list at your leisure.
- If someone catches your eye, start communicating. Use one of our conversation starter tools to help get things started.
Ideas and activities for a date in Toronto
Can’t think of where to go and what do on your date? Maybe you’re trying to find something new you can both try together. We’ve got some ideas:
- Explore the famous culinary scene in the city with a Food Tour. You two may just find a new favourite restaurant you’ve never noticed before.
- Take some of the pressure off of being entertaining by taking your date to a comedic improv show at the iconic Second City Toronto
- For a more active date in idyllic seclusion, take a day at Scarborough Bluffs. Get out of the city, try one of the many hiking trails, and end your day with a quiet picnic on the beach.
Dating in Toronto: Get yourself out there at your own pace
Between your professional commitments and living in a city that never sleeps, dating in Toronto can sometimes feel like everything’s going by so quickly. But finding the perfect partner shouldn’t feel like a race. eharmony helps you get yourself out there and date at a pace with which you’re comfortable. Start your journey with eharmony.