As the Capital, Ottawa has a special ambiance, a distinct blend of urban sophistication and natural grandeur. With its stately charm, the radiant hues of its wild surroundings, the high standard of living and buzzing tech industry, new singles flock to this choice city from all around the world every year.
With almost three-hundred thousand singles in Ottawa, finding that special person to skate down the Rideau canals with is not so much a question of if, rather when and where.
Dating in Ottawa can sometimes feel like skating uphill
While the locals here have that trademark Canadian friendliness, they tend to be a bit more reserved, preferring to mingle in their own social enclaves. Although in a city where one-in-four people were born outside of Canada, there’s no such a thing as the average Ottawan. Dating in Ottawa can be more about being open to new experiences. Singles in Ottawa quickly adapt to more versatile social activities like joining a running group or taking a class, which puts them in touch with other singles with shared interests making it easier to connect.
A Quick look at meeting singles in Ottawa
- The entire city flocks around seasonal events like the Festival of Lights and Winterlude. The energy of these events brings people together and it can do the same for new connections.
- Singles in Ottawa love to visit every foodie’s dream, the ByWard Market. With a fresh farmers’ market, restaurants and pubs, you’re bound to bump into the many singles who browse the district.
- Go to a Mayfair Theatre classic film screening, where audience involvement is very much welcome. People regularly dress up and act along to their favourite parts, enjoying the film together as fans. It’s a great way to make new friends and meet some singles in Ottawa you already know share a common interest.
Over half the city uses online dating
Through modern technology, the way people socially engage has changed a lot. There is no clearer example of this than the modern dating world. Our real lives have merged with our online personas. People are connecting in so many different ways that it’s virtually effortless to join conversations and share in communities. This is why 56% of singles have embraced online dating in Ottawa. It removes much of the pressure you can find with traditional dating life by bringing together people who are looking for something serious.
eharmony – The science of compatibility
eharmony sees dating as the fine art of balancing the almost invisible qualities that make people compatible. It’s why their use of the Compatibility Matching System allows everything feels as organic as that immediate special spark you feel when you meet the right person in real life. It’s all about perfecting the science behind compatibility and deep human connections:
- The Compatibility Quiz measures characteristics of your values, attitudes, habits and interests. It captures the true essence of those who use the dating app. The results will form a foundation for how eharmony connects you with others who share certain key compatibilities with you.
- The quiz results determine your 32 Dimensions of Compatibility. These dimensions include how you see the world, your style of communication and how you come across to others. eharmony has found that people who are complimentary in these specific areas have more successful connections.
- Your results are combined with a scientifically-developed algorithm so you just see the matches that have real potential to turn into meaningful relationships.
- eharmony’s team of relationship experts are constantly fine-tuning and improving the Compatibility Matching System. So even if we can’t find just the right person for you today, we don’t stop looking until we do.
Looking for date ideas in Ottawa? Set the date, make it great
- Explore the paranormal side of the city’s long and complex history by taking one of the famous (and very fun) Haunted Walks, where professional actors guide you along Ottawa’s dark and spooky corners.
- If you find that special ice skating partner, take a glide down the winter canals of the Rideau – the perfect excuse to stay hand-in-hand while enjoying the most impressive ice rink in the world.
- Take your date to new heights at The Andaz’ contemporary 16th floor bar and restaurant. Set against the beautiful backdrop of the city skyline, you can get to know each other in a truly charming setting.
No lack of options to find love for Ottawa singles
Whether you’re skating through a natural winter wonderland together or taking your time savouring the sights, smells and sounds of the ByWard, the city has a feeling like no other.
So successfully dating in Ottawa, whether traditional or online, is about giving into the experience of the city itself. Go into new situations with an open mind rather than a preconceived notion of what you want from them and you can surprise even yourself. Finding meaningful connections is about being open to the various forms those connections can take.
eharmony not only helps you search for the next potential partner, we also look at how compatibility can connect you with a next potential partner in new ways.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.