A city at the centre of economics and culture, as well as a majestic entryway to the breathtaking Canadian wilderness set beneath the Northern Lights, there are few places in the world as unique as Edmonton.
On top of the three-hundred thousand singles in Edmonton already, the Festival Capital of Canada also attracts over 7 million visitors from all over the world each year. So, if you’re looking for that special somebody in Edmonton, chances are you’ll find someone.
What’s it’s like dating in Edmonton?
The types of industries predominant in Edmonton tend to attract younger singles who settle in the city, where the median age is 35. While younger is typically viewed as attractive to people, problem is that many of them regularly travel for work, which can affect their availability. So dating in Edmonton can sometimes involve having to be okay with occasional long distances, getting creative with communication methods and being flexible about meeting up.
The city itself isn’t heavily populated, so finding singles in Edmonton can take a bit of planning. You don’t need to loo k far though since Edmonton has great nightlife, a dynamic central downtown scene and various organised meetups. Finding someone all depends on your interests and your willingness to take advantage of what the city has to offer.
Some of the best places to meet singles in Edmonton
- Sports Events – Take in an Oilers or Eskimos game and cheer your team on while meeting some new people. A win-win situation! Well, sometimes.
- Churchill Square – There’s never a better time to try out a new café or perhaps spark a warm discussion over a Thomson at the AGA.
- Whyte Avenue – The district remains the best reason Edmonton’s singles have to congregate en masse. And new venues are opening up all the time!
- Old Strathcona Farmer’s Market – Between the world-class buskers and delectable produce on offer, see it as a chance to strike up a conversation with an interesting other here.
Why online dating with eharmony is a success in Edmonton
In areas that are more spread out, such as in Edmonton, singles tend to use a dating site and adating apps like eharmony. It’s the quickest and most direct way of answering the question: who’s out there? For those looking for a serious relationship, the modern dating scene can have its share of challenges, such as bad timing, missed opportunities and misguided dates. So eharmony helps to connect you with people with whom you are compatible and who are also looking for the same thing as you.
The significance of compatibility
For over 20 year eharmony has been helping people find love. It’s industry experience and knowledge on love make it particularly useful to singles in smaller cities. One of the ways is by focusing the efforts on the issue of compatibility.
To assess your compatibility with other potential matches, the first thing eharmony asks you to do when you join eharmony is complete the Compatibility Quiz. So, let’s look at what this short quiz involves:
- The Quiz – This helps to identify characteristics about your values, attitudes, habits and interests. eharmony uses this to put together your very own 32 Compatibility Dimensions, which lets them connect you with compatible people.
- The Contents – The questions are a mix of multiple-choice and some open-ended questions. Bear in mind to answer them honestly as it’s important to get to know the real you so that the algorithm has every chance to find people that match with you.
- The Results – Before you go through your match list – which you receive as soon as you’re done with the questionnaire – take some time to review your own analysis. The Personality Profile will give you some insights on yourself and how you come across to others. Meanwhile, your matches will be ranked by Matching Score, which is how well each stacked up according to your compatibility criteria.
One final point, the Compatibility Quiz is important because when you start a relationship sharing your values, lifestyles and overall outlooks on life online, it only helps you build that connection, offline.
Things you can do on a date in Edmonton
- Galaxyland – You may have stopped going there when you were a kid but why not indulge in some nostalgia? Few places create that image of a truly diverting and wholesome date better than an amusement park.
- Festivals – As enjoyable for couples as they are for singles, Edmonton is always adding to its packed festival calendar. It’s a great opportunity to experience something truly new with someone.
- The Ice Castles – A winter attraction that never fails to astonish each year. You’d be hard-pressed to find a better storybook setting.
WE the North! Experience it with someone special
For singles trying to connect in Edmonton, this wild existence beneath the magical Northern Lights is as unique and filled with lots of untold opportunity. While finding the next potential partner here can take a little patience, between the festivals, natural beauty and fascinating urban locales, you couldn’t ask for a more exciting place to try and find them in. And finding your special someone, who loves the real you, is definitely what eharmony, and love for that matter, is all about.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.