Once considered a commuter suburb for Toronto, today Mississauga is a booming economic and cultural force in its own right, thanks to its prosperous financial industries, the wealth of professional and living opportunities, and its buzzing art scene. With over a quarter of a million singles, its rich cultural diversity and the never-ending diary of events and festivals centred around Celebration Square, dating in Mississauga is filled with possibility.
A quick look at life for singles in Mississauga
The city has a large population and a consistently active social scene. However, singles heredo have a few issues to negotiate:
- Being home to the Toronto Pearson Airport and various Fortune 500 companies, the city has a large commuter population from around Peel. While this is a great opportunity for those dating in Mississauga to explore other neighbouring cities, people who prefer dating close to home should establish locality early on the dating process.
- Mississauga’s nightlife is mainly focused around pubs and bars, which provide a nice, relaxed space for conversation. However, those who prefer active singles bars and nightclubs to meet new people often make the short drive out to Toronto.
From single to mingle: How to get to know each other in this city
Port Credit has everything you could ever need for meeting singles in Mississauga: trendy bars, top restaurants and a lively marina and boardwalk. The Streetsville neighbourhood also has a good range of quieter venues with a warm sense community.
The annual city-wide Carassauga Festival, a cultural event showcasing over 70 countries from around the world, centred around Celebration Square. The whole city gets involved in this energetic and global experience, which lets you meet new people from all the various cultures represented in Mississauga.
Whether you enjoy long walks, some wind-surfing or an amazing view of the Absolute Towers and city skyline, Jack Darling Park is a popular Mississauga dating hotspot that has it all. A variety of lake activities as well as tennis courts are available here, making it ideal for meeting other active singles.
Online dating in Mississauga: Is it right for me?
Meeting that special someone can be a challenge in this modern era. Our jobs and social lives keep us so busy that we often don’t make time to actively seek out a partner. And conversely, everyone else seems so preoccupied with their devices and the demands of their daily life, that the idea of approaching them can become daunting. It’s why more and more people dating in Mississauga are using dating apps. They not only save time by presenting you with people who are available, they also let you start an interaction with someone based on a pre-established interest you have in each other, taking a lot of pressure off of the situation.
eharmony helps you get things started
eharmony’s matching system is designed to find singles in Mississauga who you’d be a good fit with, giving you a degree of assurance that you two share common ground. However, getting the ball rolling on a dating site in Mississauga can be a bit tricky sometimes. You might be deciding whether you should open with a joke, a casual, straightforward, “Hi, how are you?” or perhaps you’re just hoping the other person will initiate the conversation. eharmony lets you take control of your interactions by offering several features to help get conversations started and keep them going. Beyond the standard text-messaging features you can send matches a smile – for a friendly, casual opener – or an Icebreaker, a fun little quiz you can complete and submit to people you’re matched up with. These let you introduce yourself in a more playful way and gives you two something to talk about while also allowing you to quickly explore what you might have in common. You can also ask for tips and advice from the relationship experts on how to turn your online interactions into successful, real-life connections.
Fun ideas for a date in Mississauga
Looking for something new to do with that special someone? Make dating in Mississauga a breeze with these nifty date ideas:
- Bring out your inner-child at With over 41,000 square feet of arcades, amusement park rides and go-karts, this Ontario favourite is never short on entertainment.
- Experience a serene little slice of Japan by organising an idyllic picnic surrounded by cherry blossoms at Kariya Park. While the blossoming season is short, it’s an event that shouldn’t be missed.
- Attend one of the Paint Nite events held at various pubs around Mississauga. Share a bottle of wine while comparing your artistic expressions on canvas. All art supplies are provided.
Mississauga singles: Find where you fit in it all with eharmony
From concerts at Celebration Square to serene, cherry blossom Japanese parks to the vibrant Carassauga Festival, Mississauga is a place that celebrates the colourful medley of cultures and influences that make it so distinct. With so much going on, you may not know where to start, when it comes to finding the right person for you. Get a nudge in the right direction with eharmony.