Just because he lives with his mom and dad doesn’t mean he’s not great boyfriend material. Here are 15 reasons to date someone who lives with their parents.
- His landlords will be very happy to meet you.
- And they might make you dinner.
- And they won’t let him leave the house in a dirty shirt either. Your date will know how to do laundry.
- He can’t object to meeting your parents — since you couldn’t avoid meeting his.
- Wanna know what he was like as a kid? Take a tour of his childhood home and you’ll be getting a history lesson.
- A lot of people aren’t close with their parents. You’ll be dating someone who values and respects the family unit.
- It can be humbling to not have your own place. The fact that he brings you home says that he’s not prideful.
- His living situation isn’t typically a selling point. He’ll know you’re dating him for the right reasons.
- Sick of Netflix on date night? Don’t worry, he’ll be excited to take you out. (Bonus: Living with his parents means more disposable income.)
- You’ll appreciate your own apartment more.
- Homebody? Your date probably won’t mind hanging out at your place.
- He might be saving money with a specific financial goal in mind. Living with his parents could mean that he is disciplined, goal-minded, and values delayed gratification.
- Living with his parents might also give him the freedom to continue his education or take exciting career risks.
- Another reason for living with the ‘rents: taking care of them. Your date might be sacrificing his independence in order to give his parents a greater quality of life.
- He’ll be a great future roommate. If he can live peacefully with his parents, he’ll be great at living with you.