Today is Giving Tuesday! Consider incorporating a little good will into your dating life and give one (or more) of these charitable date ideas a try:
- Volunteer at an animal shelter.
- Serve a meal at a shelter.
- Clean up an elderly neighbour’s yard together.
- Got a green thumb? Help plant or maintain a community garden.
- Read the classics to new friends at a seniors’ home.
- Host a charity dinner party. (Charge your friends cover, which you in turn will donate to a nonprofit. And consider serving wines that “give back.”)
- Sign up for a walk/run for a good cause.
- Donate what you would typically spend on a “fancy date night” to charity and stay in and raid the pantry instead.
- Learn to knit together and donate baby blankets to a children’s hospital.
- Spread a little Christmas cheer. Sponsor a local family in need through an Adopt-A-Family
- Adopt an animal at the zoo.
- Perfect your cookie-baking game and organize a community bake sale.
- Can you paint? Play the guitar? Teach kids what you know through a weekend or after-school program.
- Coordinate a shoreline cleanup day.
- Cuddle babies at a hospital.
What’s your favourite way to serve in your community?