Need some Halloween-date inspiration? Here are our top picks for couples on the spookiest night of the year.
- Visit a haunted house — or castle.
- Go on a haunted walking tour.
- Or map out a haunted road trip.
- Go to a pumpkin patch together, then carve jack o’ lanterns.
- Learn to pair wines with horror movies.
- Scream the night away at a spooky amusement park or fairground.
- Dress to impress (or disgust) at a costume party.
- Participate in a zombie walk — or zombie evasion.
- Host a scary movie marathon.
- Get tickets for a murder mystery cabaret or dinner theatre.
- Dress up like Dracula, and/or see the famous story come to life at the ballet.
- Make dinner reservations at a haunted restaurant or hotel.
- Learn the dance moves to “Thriller,” then try to break a world record.
- Make your own scary movie in 48 hours.
- Go to a live Rocky Horror Picture Show event.
- Get lost in a corn maze. Maybe in a haunted one.
- Tell ghost stories by a campfire.
- Host a creepy dinner party. Not sure what to make? Epicurious has great “movie menus” inspired by The Exorcist, Friday the 13th and Halloween.
- If you’re a Harry Potter fan, head to Godric’s Hollow (known as Calgary’s East Village the rest of the year) or The Lockhart, a Potter-themed cocktail bar in Toronto.
- Dress up for a masquerade ball.
- Hand out candy to trick-or-treaters.
- Stay at a haunted Airbnb.
- Party on a ghost ship.
- Try to break out of an escape room.
- Binge on your favourite childhood candy while watching Hocus Pocus or The Goonies.
What are your Halloween plans?