We probably don’t need to convince you to say yes to that coffee date with the cute architect you’ve been flirting with, but here are a few reasons to date an architect anyway.
1. Brains are sexy — and architects use both sides of theirs.
2. Architects are well-educated. No high-school dropouts here.
3. Your parents — and friends — will approve.
4. It’s the ultimate dream job in pop culture. (George Costanza always wanted to be an architect — or at least pretend to be one. And Ted Mosby, “Architect of Destruction,” had us all wishing we signed up for Architecture 101.) You’ll be dating a real one.
5. Architects can pay their bills.
6. You can visit your date’s latest completed project.
7. Your date has good taste. It’s his job.
8. Because of #7, your date is likely also a good dresser.
9. Architects are good problem-solvers, listeners and interpreters, offering clients solutions that meet specific requirements and (hopefully) exceed their expectations.
10. You’ll finally have a reason to subscribe to Architectural Digest.
11. Your date is a team player, collaborating on projects and consulting with clients, designers and vendors.
12. Architecture is not an easy career path. Your date is hard-working and driven.
13. Not all projects are close to home. Your date might get to travel for work — and take you with her.
14. Architects are perfectionists. The details matter.
15. Because of #14, if your date helps you fix up your house, you know he won’t do a shoddy job.
Have you or are you currently dating an architect? What are your top reasons for choosing them?