Have you eaten today? Hug a farmer. Like who you’re hugging? Date one.
Here are 15 reasons to date a farmer:
1. In case of a zombie apocalypse, the two of you could probably live off the grid.
2. Escape city life and enjoy that fresh air. Date a farmer and you’ll get a healthy dose of the great outdoors.
3. Farmers are strong, work with their hands and have the biceps to prove it.
4. Sick of dating men who forget your birthday? Farmers have good memories – just don’t be offended if he remembers your anniversary as the same day a specific calf was born.
5. Farmers provide an essential service. Regardless of the government red tape your date might complain about, his work is invaluable to the nation.
6. Like animals? Visit your significant other at work.
7. In fact, you can probably pitch in, too, if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty.
8. Like food? Get it freshly harvested, straight from the source. Vegetables have never tasted so good.
9. Farmers, despite the dirt under their fingernails, have “salt of the earth” reputations. They’re good people working the land.
10. Don’t worry too much about those dirty fingernails. Farmers clean up well.
11. Farmers are responsible and dedicated, working long hours every single day. You won’t be dating a slouch.
12. That said, date night will be a nice break from a long week in the fields.
13. That farmer’s tan.
14. Farmers are handy, often fixing machinery and performing general maintenance in the barn. Your date won’t hesitate to help diagnose your car problems.
15. Farmers are great dates for homebodies. Because of the nature of their work, they’re not free to travel the world much. But what you’ll lack in vacations you’ll make up for in nights under the stars, bonfires and sunrises.
Have you dated a farmer? Let us know what you liked about it!