Winnipeg is a city that lies at “The Forks.” For years, this city has been a place of crossroads where people come together. In some ways, not much has changed. Even today, many professionals who call Winnipeg home still see this city as the perfect place to meet for great friendships and lasting relationships.
eHarmony.ca is where many singles in Winnipeg go to find meaningful connections online. The people who use eHarmony.ca are as diverse as the city itself. With over 100 different languages spoken in Winnipeg, it’s this type of rich diversity that makes this city such a great place to call home. This diversity is also one of the reasons why Winnipeg is a great place to meet that special someone.
Once you’ve been in touch with one of your matches and have set time aside for the first date, here are some of our favourite Winnipeg date ideas for you to keep in mind:
• A stroll through Little Italy - With great food and plenty of prime people watching locations, Corydon Avenue and the surrounding area is perfect for a first date, especially on a nice summer’s evening. Stop by one of the many cafés and ask the staff to surprise you with their favourite drink.
• The Forks – The place where the Red River and the Assiniboine River meet continues to be a place that draws people together. Find a place to watch some of the talented buskers, or stroll over to watch the flips and tricks at one of the largest skateparks in Canada. A stop into the nearby Forks Market will mean you can find some great food with a unique cultural flare.
• The Winnipeg Art Gallery – As Western Canada’s oldest gallery, the Winnipeg Art Gallery is home to a diverse collection of national and international art. The gallery building itself is perhaps its own best exhibit, and it’s well worth visiting.
• The Jets! – In 2011, Winnipeg once again became home to its own NHL franchise, after years of not having their own team. Single game tickets can still be found with a bit of luck and forward planning. A night at the MTS Centre will be sure to lure you into the thrill of welcoming Winnipeg’s favourite team back to the city.
• Golf – If you’re not able to meet the ice hockey players at the MTS Centre, then you might have better luck meeting them on the golf course. Fortunately, a round of golf is also sure to bring out a few laughs for a first date and Winnipeg is home to a number of excellent golf courses. If you think 18 holes is a bit much, then take a trip to a driving range and get ready to watch the golf balls fly (or sit still on the tee).
It could be that the only thing keeping you from meeting the perfect match is the time it takes you to sign up and fill out your profile. Join eHarmony.ca today to see who we’ll match you with for free, then go explore all that Winnipeg has to offer.
Want to find someone special in Winnipeg?
At eHarmony, the power is in your hands. Get matched with singles within 30 miles of Winnipeg, throughout Canada or anywhere in between!
Discover your matches for free today